Hi, do you have problems accessing your Gmail account? Gmail password recovery is a common problem for many people. I recommend that you keep complex passwords to ensure the security of Gmail from hackers.
Well, I’m here to help and guide you through the extremely detailed steps on how to set up your Gmail password. Now, if you think I’m some of the hackers who will help you to set your Gmail password without faxing or emailing, you are getting an error. Hey! Do not leave yet. This post will show you other ways on how to reset your Gmail password.
As you may have noticed, Google has provided a scam form for their registration site, which does not guarantee an easy account recovery process. Although I think Google has introduced a recovery option that you will have to answer in order to access your Google Account.
Currently, there are many different types of Gmail password recovery issues,
· Someone forgot their Gmail login password,
· Some people have forgotten their Gmail password and security questions.
· Not accessing your Gmail account means inaccessible to your email, and unfortunately, it also means inaccessible to other platforms like YouTube, Google+, Google Maps, Google Drive and other useful platforms. Do not worry, a little, you will learn how to reset your Gmail password.
Take this advice seriously to Reset Gmail Password;
· If your Gmail account has not been blocked, or you may have another Google Account without a record, you should check out this article I wrote about securing your Google Account;
· Following all the details provided in that message will give you an 80% guarantee on recover your Google Account whenever you are locked out.
· The first thing I would advise you to do in my guide on how to set a Gmail password is;
· Try to remember your vocabulary
· Most people do not care about this, but it will save you the stress of trying to reset your Gmail password. Trust me it’s hard and tedious to set a new Gmail password.
· So, as I said before, you should try to remember your password. As funny or annoying as this may sound, you should really try to remember your password.
Tips I use to remember passwords
· Calm down, do not push yourself, the password is in your head somewhere.
· Password cycle for another account.
· Meditate, seriously you cannot remember the password if you are enthusiastic and uncomfortable.
· Try to use a possible password that you will use. I am not a poet but it could be a name, age, date of birth, or perhaps a secret.
· Ask yourself, “What password might I use”?
Have you tried the above steps and still cannot remember your Gmail password? Or maybe your account has been hacked?
Then, if your case is serious, we must move on;
Step 1. Go to Gmail.com.
Step 2. Enter your email ID.
Step 3. Click on Multiple Ways to Sign In.
Step 4. Click Forgot Password.
After you click the Forgot Password button, you will be redirected to a page where you will see options to help you recover your Gmail password.
How to reset a new Gmail password
· The first option you see will ask you to enter the last password you remember. Do this. If you cannot remember the last password you used, click Retry.
· You should now see another prompt asking you to confirm the phone number you added to your Google Account. Enter your phone number and click send.
· Once you receive the verification code, simply enter the code into the box provided by Google to verify that it is you.
· Wait What?
· You cannot set your password with text password?
· Did you give Google phone number for verification?
· Have you lost the number you gave Google? If you lose your phone number in case of theft, in most countries you can go to your service provider, complain to them and they will give you a SIM card based on your old number.
· If you cannot retrieve your number, your case is quite serious;
· Your next hope is to go to the Google Accounts page, you will be asked some questions for verification purposes.
· So, that takes us to phase 2
· If you add security to your Google Account by providing recovery details, you may have different options to help you reset your Gmail password.
· What if you do not? Then you may not see this phase, it may take you to phase 3 or 4.
· So maybe you could add a phone verification method to your Google Account?
· If you do? It’s good because this gives you the upper hand,
· Open an account tab.
· Enter your email address if you are asked, then press / tap NEXT.
· If you are asked to receive a verification code via text message (Phase 1), ignore it and click the “Try another method” button.
· You should then see a prompt asking you if you would like to receive a prompt about your device? (Make sure your device is enabled).
· On your mobile device, you will be prompted to tap YES, then tap on the number field displayed on your login screen.
· Recover google password
· In the next page, choose a strong password, and you’re good to go.
· Here’s an awesome way to recover your Gmail account if you forget your password, but for the time being you should add your mobile device as a recovery option.
· If you have not set your mobile device as a Google Account recovery option, you may see phase 3 and not phase 2.
· You will need to reopen the account.
· Enter your email account and proceed.
· Skip any period that does not work for you, you can skip by pressing / click (try another question).
· Enter a complete recovery email. (You must have added an email address for this to work).
· Tap / click Send and wait for Google to respond in the Inbox of the recovered email.
· Be sure to check the recovery email, if it seems unfamiliar or you cannot access it then you need to read the Google Reset code step 4.
· If you did not provide the recovery email to Google, then your case is in a difficult situation;
· Seriously, it gets better / worse:
· Take it to the next level.
· So have you checked the recovery email and it is not familiar? Or do you no longer have access to it?
· Do not give up;
· Before proceeding to Phase 4, you should think! Your recovery email could be your Yahoo email or your friend’s email account
· Move on;
· Phase 4 is really difficult.
· It’s a predictable game for some.
· Reopen the Google Accounts tab.
· Enter your email address if it prompts you.
· Skip past helpless until you get to where you see the months and years.
· You’ll need to answer the tricky question “When did you create this Google Account?”
· If this does not work for you, then your case is in for a rude awakening.
· Just to let you know, I was reading an article somewhere and I learned that Google no longer generates security questions and answers, but if your account is old then you still have that option.
· I sincerely do not know how this is true.
· But I do know that the other way to set your Gmail password is by answering a secret question provided by Google. Questions that they feel you will only have answered.
· And that leads us away;
· Skip this step if it still does not work for you. You still have another shot at retrieving your Google Account.
· Reopen the Google Accounts tab.
· Skip this step until you get to where you want to go “Answer the security question you added to your account”.
· All you have to do then is give the correct answer to the security question you set.
· Despite the challenges. After completing Phase 5 you may be redirected to Phase 3 where you will need to enter a recovery email address.
· I do not blame Google. I mean, if someone knew the name of my childhood best friend, that person would have access to my Gmail account.
· So redirection is not actually a bad idea after all. But it’s annoying though.
· Forgot Gmail password and secret questions?
· If you do not remember the answer to the secret question you set in Google, I will be open to you, retrieving your Gmail account will not be possible.
· If you cannot provide Google with the correct information that they will use to verify ownership of your account, you just have to start thinking about creating a Google Account.
· As sad as it may be, it’s the same, Google will not rule for you.
· Therefore, the following options are optional.
· Out loud and thank Google for giving us hope to recover our Google Account when our account is hacked or when we forget our password and cannot access the recovered phone number or email address.
· Enter an email address and Google will contact you
· Here you can enter any email address and Google will contact you and try to help you reset Gmail password.
· So I tried to find the old Email of mine and got this post from Google.