The advantages and disadvantages of technology go hand in hand; While many use it for its advantages, others exploit its disadvantages. Similar is the case with Yahoo! Mail services. Although Yahoo Mail is one of the most reliable and secure email service platforms, that does not guarantee the security of your account against hackers. By using fake emails, hackers cheat potential victims to visit fake or phishing sites that seem authentic and hack the account when they log into those websites using their login credentials of the session.
For these types of situations, Yahoo! Mail offers multiple recovery options. These recovery options generally include alternate email addresses and phone numbers that you may be asked to add during the registration process. If you have added these recovery options, recovering your hacked Yahoo email account is simple and easy.
How to recover a hacked Yahoo email account — The steps:
There are mainly two methods to recover your hacked Yahoo email account. While the first method allows you to recover your Yahoo mail account by changing the password, the second method allows you to recover it by resetting the password.
The first method is applicable only if you have access to your Yahoo mail account, while another is an ideal method if you cannot access your Yahoo mail account. Below you can find the instructions for both methods.
Method 1: Change the password to recover the hacked Yahoo email account
• Log in to your Yahoo mail account and select the Account Information option under your Profile Name located in the upper right corner of your Yahoo mail account.
• In the Account Information window, click on the Account Security tab. You may be asked to enter your account password. Log in to access the account security page.
• Click the Change password option on the Account Security page and enter the new password in the required field.
• Click the Continue button to successfully change the password. This way you can successfully recover your hacked Yahoo email account.
Method 2: Reset password to recover hacked Yahoo mail account
• Go to the Yahoo Mail login page and enter your email address. Click the Next button later.
• On the next page, select I forgot my password link. You will be directed to the verification page. Here you will see your partially visible phone number or email address that you would have added in your Yahoo Mail account at some time.
• If you recognize the email address or phone number that is displayed, click the Yes button, send a text message with the account password. (Choose the “I don’t have access to this phone” button if you don’t have the option mentioned above. Yahoo will send you a code via email).
• On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the Account Password sent to your phone/email. Enter the account key and click the Verify button.
• Once verified, you will see two options on the following screen: Continue and Create a new password. Click on the Create a new password button to access the Reset password page. Enter your new password and click on the Continue button. This way you can also recover your pirated Yahoo Mail account.
On the next screen, you will be asked to add or update your account recovery options. To add a recovery option, click + Add another email or + Add another phone (depending on your preferences). To delete a recovery option, click on the trash can icon next to the email address or phone number listed. When finished, click the Looks good button to access your account.
Additional tips to protect your Yahoo email account against cybercrime
• Enable two-step verification in your Yahoo email account to make it more secure and secure.
• If you were using the same password (which was hacked) for other accounts, consider changing them immediately.
• Never use the same password for other accounts. Always create a unique password for each account.
- Always access your account from a trusted device and remember to log out after use.