HP printers offer first-class facilities to their users around the world. If you’ve also purchased a new HP wireless printer and don’t know how to set it up on your operating system, this detailed guide will be helpful. In this guide, we provide you with the best procedures and guidelines on how to configure the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver through its official website 123.hp.com/setup.
How do I configure the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver through 123.hp.com/setup 6978 on Windows?
There are two ways to connect an HP Officejet Pro 6978 to your Windows operating system. Set up your new printer by visiting www.123.hp.com/setup via SSID and password, in WPS mode.
- Take out your new HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and turn it on “On”
- Open your Windows operating system on the other side and click “Start”
- Go to “Control Panel” and open the “Network and Connectivity” folder
- Click the ‘HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer’ icon and click ‘Settings’ to open it.
- Select the “Setup” wizard and click the “OK” button
- Once you click the “OK” button, the wizard automatically searches for available networks and displays them on your system.
- Click the correct “HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless network” and follow the on-screen instructions and set up the wireless printer.
- Visit the official HP printer’s website to download the printer software if needed. For example, if you purchased an HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, follow the steps below.
- Go to “Internet Browser” and type “123.hp.com/setup 6978″
- Look for the “Download” option and click on it to download the printer software for this particular model number.
- Once downloaded, open the file and click “Run”
- Now enter the WPS which is Wi-Fi or SSID credential of your home network to connect your printer to your operating system without any hassle.
How to set up HP Officejet Pro 6978 on Mac via 123.hp.com/setup?
Set up HP Officejet Pro 6978 printers on Mac via WPS or SSID by following the steps one by one.
To get started with the process of setting up an HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless printer, make sure the devices listed below are turned on. If not, enable all of them “On”:
- HP Wireless Printer
- Now, on a Mac device, open the “Control Panel” and click the “Wireless” icon.
- Scroll to the “Settings” icon and click on it. The Wireless Setup Wizard will now start automatically.
- When the wizard identifies the presented network and displays them, choose the name of the printer that you want to set up on your Mac device.
- Now download the wireless printer from the official website. If you have an HP wireless printer of model no. 5055 and follow the steps given:
- Open ‘Safari’ or any other internet browser and type ‘123.hp.com/setup 5055’ and press ‘Enter’
- Scroll to the ‘Download’ option and press the key to start the download
- If you already have the HP wireless printer of model no. 5055 then, just click the ‘Refresh’ button and leave the Mac for a while
- Once you have downloaded or updated the HP printer software, continue with the steps.
- Open the “Menu” on your Macbook and navigate to the lower left corner and select the “Printer” icon.
- Open the ‘System Preferences’ folder and select the’ HP Wireless Printer from model no. 5055 ’.
- Click the “Add” button and set up the printer. Once the printer is properly added. Restart the Mac device to use the printer to scan or print any document.
When you set up the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver through http // 123.hp.com / setup, you encountered an error in the wireless setup wizard, follow the steps below to uninstall the existing driver and reinstall it on your operating system. .
- Open the “Control Panel” and go to “Device and Printers.”
- Now select the name of your “HP wireless printer” that is set up on your device and right-click on it.
- Select “Uninstall” from the options and press the button.
- After uninstalling the device, go to 123.hp.com/setup 5255/8710 or mention the model number of the HP printer.
- Download the printer and follow the setup steps again.
How to connect an HP Envy 5055 printer to a smartphone?
To set up a wireless network connection from your HP Envy 5055 printer, you don’t need to have a laptop or personal computer, you can set up an HP Envy 5055 printer on your mobile phone. If you have access to iOS or Android phones, you can set up an HP printer through 123.hp.com/setup 5055 and implement the steps below.
Before you go to solutions, make sure your operating system and HP printer are connected to the same WPS or mobile connection.
Set up the HP printer on your Android phone
- First open the Play Store app on your Android phone and type “HP Print Service” in the search bar to install it on your mobile phone.
- Once the installation is done. Open the downloaded file and click “Run”.
- Now go to the folder where the document you want to print is located.
- Scroll to the “Menu” icon and open it.
- Choose the “Print” option and click “Change Preferences” to change the printer settings according to your requirements.
- Replace the printer name with your new HP wireless printer.
- Finally, press the “Print” button to start the print job.
Set up the HP printer on your iPhone device
- Open the document or image you want to print on the home screen and select it.
- Go to the ‘123.hp.com/setup 5055’ page which is the official website and click on the ‘Download’ button.
- If you are using an HP Envy 5055 printer, you can type 123.hp.com/setup directly into the search box and click the “Download” option to get the software for your particular model.
- Once the software is installed, “Run” the file and “Add” the printer name.
- Alternatively, you can also set up an HP printer by tapping the share icon in the printable section.
- And click on the “+” icon that is the “Add” icon to connect your printer.
- Now, add the printer name and finish the setup.
- Select the document you want to print and navigate to the ‘Printer’ icon and click on it.
If you set up or set up the HP Wireless Printer correctly, the printer will scan and print documents without interruption.
Enable web browsing settings via 123.hp.com/setup
Webscan is an ingrained web server technology for scanning documents or images without the use of HP scanner software. Learn how to enable Webscan settings by visiting http // 123.hp.com / setup by following the steps below.
- Open your operating system and go to the web browser and search for ‘123.hp.com/setup’ and press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Go to the “Settings” section and deploy the available options.
- Select the ‘Administration Settings’ option.
- Now, to enable the settings, select the “Rooted server webscan” option.
- Finally, click the “Apply” button.
- Once you have applied the above steps, Webscan will be installed and enabled to scan any type of document.
How to deal with “HP printer not found” error?
Not able to set up the HP Wireless Printer even after following the steps mentioned because you are unable to find the “Network Driver Settings” on your operating system? Don’t worry! For all those who face similar problems, just read the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and apply one or more of them to treat the problem.
- Check the printer connection status – Make sure the HP wireless printer is not connected to any guest networks. Check the status of the Internet connection and the printer to prepare for the setup procedure.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer software again: Remove the USB cable from the printer and go to the ‘Control Panel’ of the operating device. Open the “Programs and Features” tab and select the “Uninstall” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue, and once the HP printer software is uninstalled, restart your computer. Now, visit the official HP printers website: 123.hp.com/setup and download.
- Restart the printer, router, and computer. First of all, disconnect the power from the router and turn off the wireless printer from the HP printer. Close all open tabs on your operating system and restart your computer. After a while, reconnect the router and turn on the printer as well. Visit http://www.123.hp.com/setup again and download the HP Wireless Printer Software to set up the printer on your system.
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP Print and Scan Doctor is the printer’s own troubleshooting tool that detects and puts an end to all kinds of problems. To use the medical tool to fix 123.hp.com/setup errors, you will need to download your software to your operating system. Download the program from the website and right-click on the product that does not work and click “Retry”. Follow the rest instructions on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) related to 123.hp.com/setup
If you have any questions, the following guide to answers to frequently asked questions about installing your HP printer at http://www.hp.com/setup will be very helpful.
Q. How do I set up the HP printer?
There are 5 steps to setting up an HP printer in your home or workplace. Follow the steps step by step and configure it successfully through the 123 hp configuration with oj3830.
Unpacking the HP printer
- 1: Once you get home / office with your latest HP printer, unpack it immediately.
- 2: Remove all contents from the outside of the printer, such as tape and packaging.
- 3: Also remove the ribbon and packaging from the inside and remove the HP printer.
- 1: Once the packaging is done, take out the wire and plug it in.
- 2: Connect to your operating system and power source and activate “Switch”.
- 3: Now go to “Printer Control” and then “Settings” to set the following requirements before proceeding:
4: Click “Save Changes” to submit the information.
Set up the ink cartridge
- 1: Open the cartridge door and wait until the cart is idle before continuing with other steps.
- 2: Insert it into the ink cartridge after removing the tape.
- 3: Make sure the “Sound” option is turned on, as “Click sound” will notify you that the ink cartridges have been set up securely.
- 4: Now, follow the on-screen information and finish aligning the ink cartridges
- 5: Open the “paper tray” and load it with the blank white papers. Make sure the papers have the correct dimensions and quality as set out in your operating system. Otherwise, the paper may get stuck.
- 6: Now, connect the HP wireless printer to the computer by opening the “Driver” folder.
- 7: Select the “Name” of your printer and enter the “Printer Model” to confirm the OS version.
- 8: Choose the “Connection Type” and follow the break instructions displayed on the screen.
Q. How do I set up the HP printer on a WPS / Wi-Fi connection?
If you want to connect your HP wireless printer to your Wi-Fi network, you need to follow the steps below carefully. The following method is effective, easy to execute and does not need the help of any technician.
- 1: Make sure your operating system and network are compatible with each other until you sign in.
- 2: Go to 123.hp.com/setup and find your printer settings, find the “Printer Model Number” and click the “Install” button.
- 3: Now open the “Downloads” folder and double-click the “Printer Setup” tab to open it.
- 4: Turn on “HP Wireless Printer” “On” and prepare the printer to connect to the operating device.
- 5: Access the “Network” section by following the on-screen instructions.
- 6: When prompted for a “Wireless Printer” option on the screen, click “OK” and “Next.”
- 7: Now click “Yes, give the printer my wireless settings” and wait while the wireless printer connects to the operating system.
- 8: Once you receive all the related information. Click the “Finish” button and print the documents using the newly set up wireless printer.
Q. How do I install an HP wireless printer through a CD holder?
The procedure for installing an HP wireless printer on your operating system is complete in a few steps. To get started, step by step by purchasing an HP printer CD from the official HP India store and follow the lists below.
- Remove the CD from the package and insert it into your hard drive
- Note: You must ensure that the CD is free of scratches.
- Your operating system will warn you about the inserted CD, click on the message
- Click the “Start” button and go to “Computers”
- Double-click “CD Drive.” And open it
- Click the “Run” button after reading and accepting the “Terms and Conditions”
- Follow the on-screen instructions, if any, and the installation process will be completed
- You can now scan and print any document through your new HP printer.
Q. How can I get my Mac to recognize my HP wireless printer?
If you want your Mac device to recognize the new HP wireless printer, read the following and apply them one at a time.
- 1: Turn on “Enable” the HP Wireless Printer and complete the setup procedure to connect your device to the internet. Select the Wi-Fi network name and enter the WPS credentials to connect.
- 2: Click “Menu” to open your Macbook and select the “Software Update” option. This is to check for any new updates available for your printer.
- 3: Return to the “Menu” and select the “System Preferences” option.
- 4: Now open the ‘Hardware’ section and click on the ‘Print and Scan’ option.
- 5: Select the “Next Printer” option by clicking the “+” button.
- 6: Select the “Name” of your printer by clicking the “Default” tab.
- 7: Click the “IP” tab in case you haven’t found the name of your HP wireless printer.
- 8: Enter the correct “IP address” of the printer and press the “Add” button.
Q. How do I reinstall the HP wireless printer?
If you want to uninstall the HP printer software from your computer and then reinstall it, follow the instructions:
- Start the Windows operating system and type “Devices and printers”
- Once the “Device and Printer” folder opens, look for the “Name” of your printer that is installed
- Right-click the HP Wireless Printer Software and choose ‘Remove or Remove’ from the options listed
- Press the “Windows” and “R” keys together to “Run” the command
- Now, type “printui.exe / s” in the “Search Bar” and click the “OK” button
- Open the “HP Printer Driver” and if it is detected, click the “Remove” option
- Remove all other instances of the HP printer software
- Restart the operating system before closing all tabs
- Once the PC starts after a while, download and install the HP Wireless Printer at 123.hp.com/setup
Once you have applied all of the above steps, you will be able to uninstall and reinstall the HP Wireless Software immediately.
Do you have more questions? Drop them in our comments section and get instant answers. We hope this detailed and informative guide helps you. In the event that you are unable to follow any of the above procedures and request assistance, please contact our customer service.