There can be a number of reasons that may prevent you from accessing your Facebook account. If you have lost your FB account password, your account has been hacked or deactivated, you will not be able to access your account. So, you have to perform the recovery process in all cases for Facebook.com/login/identify. FB is the most intuitive social networking platform that offers so many options to recover your Facebook account. Even if the hacker changed his password, he got ways to recover his account using simple tricks.
Here are ways to recover your Facebook account that is no longer accessible:
Method 1: Check if you are already logged in:
If you’ve already signed in to Facebook from any device, you can recover your account without getting the reset password. So what you need to do is; change your password and recover your account from hackers. If you are logged in somewhere and can perform activities from there, use the steps below to change your password:
- Click the “down” arrow in the upper right corner of the Facebook.com/login/identify page
- Go to Settings
- Click Security and Login
- Tap Edit and then Change Password
- Enter your current password and create a new one
- Select Save changes
Method 2: Try the default recovery options:
If you have lost access to your account and are not connected to anywhere, you need to perform traditional recovery methods. Here are the ways you can use to recover your FB account:
Recover password using email ID:
FB always asks you to add a recovery / secondary email address which you can then use to recover your account. To recover your password, use the email address by following the steps below:
- Go to FB.com using a browser and open the login page
- Now click on “Forgot Password” to recover your password
- On the next screen, choose “recovery email” from the list of options.
- Enter the email address you registered on FB.
- After adding recovery, you will be prompted to log in to the same address.
- Once logged in, you will need to access the recovery link sent by FB.
- Alternatively, you can add the recovery code you receive to the email.
Recover account using registered phone number:
- First, go to the Facebook login page
- Now click on the Facebook password on the application screen
- Then select “get a code from my smartphone”
- You will receive the recovery code on your phone.
- Re-create your password and repeat it to confirm it
- Now sign in to your account using the same password.
Method 3: Report the hack to Facebook:
If your account has been hacked, you can report directly to Facebook using the “report as compromised” option. Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/hacked/
- Enter your phone number or email ID associated with your Facebook account
- You will now be asked to enter your current password and email address
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.
- Facebook will recover your account if it deems it compromised and you will also receive a notification in your email on your phone.
Method 4: Use trusted contacts to retrieve your FB account:
Your trusted contacts will help you recover your FB account. All you need to do is identify your trusted contacts. The step-by-step method is shown below:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Now, from the Facebook home screen, go to Settings which is present in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the left corner, click Security and Login
- Then select the Choose friends area.
- In the What are trusted contacts dialog box, select Choose trusted contacts
- Click Confirm.
- After you are satisfied with your chosen contact list, click Close
Now, once you’ve finished setting up your trusted contacts list, follow the steps below to use them to regain access to your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook login page
- Now click on Forgot account
- On the Reset your password page, click You no longer have access to these passwords.
- Then click on the “How we can contact you” screen, enter your email address and a phone number.
- Click Continue
- Tap Reveal my trusted contacts and then enter the name of your contacts
- Follow the instructions you receive and the recovery code link. Send the same link to your friends and ask them to share the code with you
- Enter the code to retrieve your Facebook account
The Last Option:
If nothing works in your case, you can simply create a new one. This happens when your account recovery information is out of date and you have no option to receive the verification code or you cannot verify your identity. In these cases, no recovery method can help you recover your account. But if your account is crucial to you, it’s a good idea to contact Facebook Customer Service.