Did AOL disappear when you opened your email account? This can happen for many reasons. For example, you may accidentally delete an email, or else the email may be moved to a filtered directory. In some scenarios, the AOL server may crash. To access your AOL email, you may need to reactivate your AOL account. In this blog, we will discuss the process for finding deleted AOL emails and how to make AOL my homepage?
How to troubleshoot lost or missing emails
Follow these steps to recover the missing AOL email problem.
- Trash check
Do you feel your email disappeared when you access your email account? If the answer to this question is yes, then you should look at the deleted email inbox in your email first.
In case you notice any messages in these folders then you can accidentally delete those messages or change them in these folders. You can now easily recover deleted emails. The process is very simple and can be done in a few minutes. Here’s how you can restore a deleted email.
- Go to the AOL website or the AOL application.
- Log in to your AOL Email account.
- Now after logging in, you need to open the Trash folder or delete the item.
- Click on the email you want to restore.
- After that, click Action.
- Select the folder where you want to delete the email.
- Go to the selected folder and the missing email can be found there.
- Check your filter settings
Is the new or old AOL email missing? If this is the case, then you need to check if there are any filter settings in place. You may have accidentally set up one or the other filter. This is why your email can be moved to a folder other than your inbox. In case you know how to access the filter settings or find it uncomfortable then you can remove the filter. Follow these steps to learn how to access filter settings and remove filters.
- First you need to open the AOL Desktop application or website.
- Log in to your AOL email account if needed.
- Click the Options button.
- From the Options range, click Mail Settings.
- Open the Filter menu.
- In case any filter is turned on, turn it off.
- Check if the original copy is present in the server
Is your email missing from the email client? Can you access them through other applications like Outlook? If the answer to this question is yes, then it may be because the original copy was moved from the server. Here is what you need to do to get your email back.
- First, you need to click on File Options.
- After that, go to account settings.
- Choose your email account.
- From the list of options, click the Edit button.
- Now click the Advanced button.
- On the next screen, click Advance again.
- Click on Save copy of mail on server options.
- When prompted, click the OK button.