You can set up Gmail using IMAP or SMTP server settings anywhere. These settings help users set up a Gmail account on any device they use to access Gmail, be it an Android mobile device or an iPhone device. IMAP is the primary protocol used to read messages from Google Gmail on other mail clients. Many times, users face problems while setting up an IMAP server and are unable to access their Gmail account. What to do when faced a problem like cannot verify server identity IMAP.Gmail. The main problem is because there is a problem with the internet connection or the service is not configured correctly. Whatever the problem, just follow the steps outlined below.
How to Fix IMAP.Gmail.com Not Responding
If you are using an iPhone, and imap.gmail.com is not responding on your iPhone. When you open email again from the Mail app on iOS, you will get an IMAP error that does not respond. Then try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- First, check your internet connection. Your internet connection should be fast and compatible for the functioning of all services to run smoothly. Make sure the error is fixed or not.
- If you are using a Wi-Fi connection for internet service, check the WIFI limit. Wi-Fi issues are generally the cause of this error. If the error persists, try another step as mentioned below.
- Verify that you have entered the correct account info.
- Users can also try to remove the Gmail application from the iPhone device. Again, configure the Gmail application with the correct IMAP settings. This may fix the error.
- Check server configuration. Check that the configuration details have been entered correctly or not. Make the necessary corrections if you encounter problems with the configuration.
- If the problem is not resolved, change the IMAP settings server to another server. Now make sure it works or not.
- Mobile applications may be in trouble with the network interface. Refresh the application and it can be used.
- IMAP cannot be used if SSL is disabled. A very important security component without an unusable network connection. If it is turned off, turn it on.
- The configuration file may be in an error state and may not be used properly. Try adding more email addresses to fix it. The email has several components and configurations.
- Try updating your application. Outdated applications cause many errors and problems. After you update to a newer version, try again if the error is complete or not.
- You can also send an email to your own account, as well as encrypt your email account and force the module to get up and running. Navigate to the email application and draft an email to your own email address and send it. Wait and refresh your box.
The above steps discussed also apply to Android due to imap.gmail.com error not responding. Follow these steps on your Android phone and make sure the issue is resolved.
Enable IMAP in your Gmail account.
If you want to enable IMAP in your Gmail account, do the following:
- Open settings and click the main menu.
- From there open the account menu, click on the account that created the problem.
- Now open the delete menu and open the mail option.
- From here, click on the account settings menu and open the account label.
- Select an email provider and sign in.
Also Read: IMAP.Gmail not Responding